Latent Defects Insurance (or also known as Warranty Insurance or Structural Warranty Insurance) is usually required by Property Developers, Finance Providers or New Build Contractors, amongst others, for both Commercial and Residential Properties.
In principle, an Insured can be anyone who has an interest in the property.
The policy covers Faulty Design, Workmanship or material problems or Defects for up to a period of 12 years of practical completion by repairing, replacing or strengthening the property.
Some advantages of Latent Defects Insurance:
- Allows an easier sale of the property to Third Parties
- No negligence needs to be proved – just the discovery of defect at the premises
- Cover can be fully assigned thereby providing security to future owners/leaseholders
And if you’re a Building Contractor or involved in your own Self Build project Latent Defects is an area of cover you should not neglect as it may leave you financially exposed in the future if something goes wrong.
That’s the technical stuff over now….
This is what we can do for you:
- It’s our job to simplify the whole process for you so you’re covered in the quickest possible time
- We can cover Existing and Finished projects
- With over 30 years experience in Latent Defects we know our way round to get you the best results
- We can significantly improve your chances of getting Latent Defects cover!
You should get it right first time – Simply get in touch with one of our Team who will assist you...
What Our Customers Say
Thank you to both yourself and Basil for delving deeper and hearing my woes…….much appreciated and if I may say, shows the value in using a broker.Elias Frangoulis
Please pass onto you manager how happy I am with the fantastic service you have provided to me, getting the insurance sorted so efficiently. Your such a friendly, helpful chap as well!Debbie
“I was delighted with the service I received on Friday. It was prompt, efficient and like a breath of fresh air to deal with an insurance request that was painless!I will certainly be quite happy to recommend your company to colleagues.”Barbara Densham
Thank you for your kind words. Hand on heart you are one of the best brokers I have ever dealt with in my 9 years here.Libby Lintot
Once again you have come in with a very good price and make it so easy to do business with you. You’re straight, you don’t play games like the other insurers and always come in with a good price. Please go ahead with this insurance and give Daniel a call.Stephanie Poole Dorset