If you own or are thinking of buying a fish & chip shop, it’s important to know the risk factors that come with that. Insurance cover is of the utmost importance to ensure that your investment is safe should anything happen. To help you, we’ve put together a list of 8 do’s and don’ts to keep in mind for fish and chip shop insurance:
- All fish & chip shop insurance policies require you to have your ducts and grease traps cleaned by a Third Party contractor. This includes the maintenance of your Fire Prevention equipment and for it to be documented.
- Have a full understanding of what is expected of you regarding hygiene and Health and Safety matters. Make sure you are aware of these responsibilities, which are included within your insurance documents.
- If you have a sit-down restaurant as part of your business, make sure you notify your insurance provider or broker as this may affect your cover.
- Remember to insure your Glass frontage and any Canopies as many fish & chip business owners forget to do so.
- If you live on the premises, please ensure that you inform us. We can obtain further price discounts for you.
- Don’t forget to declare any previous claims you’ve had, usually up to 5 years. Insurers may reject your claim if you fail to disclose this.
- Keep all your documentation such as invoices, maintenance agreements and certificates which may be required in the event of a claim. It’ll make claiming for your settlement much easier.
- Always ask your broker or insurance provider to explain anything you don’t understand regarding your insurance cover. Never make assumptions as to what is covered and is not.
Titan Insurance is one of the country’s largest arrangers of fish and chip shop insurance, and we know, any money saved trying to shortcut their insurance policies could back-fire and severely damage their businesses. Here are a few things you should know about your fish and chip shop insurance.
At Titan, we’re here to help. If you need any assistance with your insurance, don’t hesitate to contact us on 0207 731 3700 or drop us an email. .